Monday 22 October 2012

Cocktails, Canapes & LBD's

On Thursday I attended the Little Black Dress cocktail party in Manchester. As my first, official invite to a blogger event I was very excited and the Little Black Dress launch party did not leave me disappointed!

After being greeted with the gorgeous, official Little Black Dress cocktail created exclusively for London Cocktail Week 2012 (thanks for the recipe by the way guys will definitely be trying that one at home), I was met the lovely Gemma and had a browse around the amazing dresses on display exclusively for us!



The team at Little Black Dress have hit the nail on the head with The Ulitmate LBD, with a simple yet effective and extremely flattering design, reaching out to women of all shapes and sizes, the classic dress is perfect for any wardrobe this winter. For me, I would 'edge' the short style up with some chunky shoe boots, statement necklace and an oversized, super sparkly or metallic clutch! As for the elegant floor length number, I just wish I had an event looming to give me an excuse to purchase this beauty. A messy, low bun teamed with some eye catching, dangly earrings and maybe electric blue clutch or shoes to add a pop of colour is how I'd love to wear this gorgeous gown.






The Ultimate LBD's were not the only dresses I fell in love with on Thursday night (I knew this would end up potentially fatally dangerous for my bank balance), there were some amazingly sparkly party dresses that were just perfect for those Christmas parties that are looming.






This beautiful, floor length, metallic ombre number was sequins and sparkles galore in a chic and sophisticated manner that would barely need accessorising at all, this is one of those dresses that you just leave to speak for itself! There was also a shorter version with tshirt sleeves on show that I literally had to drag myself away from. The short version I was adoring in the silver, metallic tones and one of the Little Black Dress team were wearing it themselves, teamed with chunky ankle boots, no jewellery needed, leaving me with ultimate outfit envy!

After managing to drag myself away from the rails of gorgeous dresses I went to check out the MAC team who were creating some fierce makeup looks that would make the perfect accessory to any LBD. The Marilyn look was my favourite, as to me she has to be the most glamorously feminine woman the world has ever seen!




Thanks to the Little Black Dress team for a fabulous evening and goody bag including the yummy cocktail recipe that I will be trying to recreate in the very near future!


No comments:

Post a Comment